Over the years we have made a focus of our business helping clients in the purchase, sale, occupancy, investment and redevelopment of multi-family homes. Individual home-owners, developers and the area’s largest investors trust us for our guidance and ability to seek out ideal opportunities both on- and off-market.
Multi-famiily purchases may be the answer for those:
• Seeking to build equity by investing in real estate
• Looking for opportunities to buy with friends or family
Looking for a condo but open to the many advantages of owning a 2 (or 2+) unit property including:
• Ability to control the entire home
• Having your choice of parking space, yard and other common area use
• Reducing expenses by having rent from the additional unit(s)
• Using your down payment to buy a larger, more renovated, or higher-quality unit
• Building equity long-term
Having the opportunity to expand and occupy the entire property down the road.
Case Study - We worked with buyers who were looking for a condo up to $1 million. The condo supply was limited and prices were escalating and being driven up by multiple-offer situations. We suggested looking at two family homes. The buyer purchased a 2-fam for under $1.3 million. They gave themselves exclusive-use of the yard, choice of garage spaces, and had the flexibility to occupy the larger or smaller unit. Rental income from the other unit pushed their total monthly payment well below where they would have been for a condo. And as repairs and other options came up, they had 100% decision-making power over all choices.
Case Study - We sold a 2-family house to two siblings (each with families of their own). Each had been looking for a condo in the area up to $900,000 (each!) They purchased a 2-family for $1.1 million - they spent a few hundred thousand dollars renovating, but even after work, each family ended up in for over $200,000 less than they would have buying separately.
• At bottom of page, please add button titled “Search Multi-Family Homes” redirecting user to MLS Search filtered by Multifamily property type only.
Our role as market leaders combined with the unique local, national and international marketing power of Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage and Coldwell Banker Commercial NRT, allows us to provide maximum exposure for our full-market listings.Contact Us